1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The qualifications has been created to develop and reward the business managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the management sectors.
We hope that learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from these programmes that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that these programmes will encourage both academic and professional development so that you learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at the postgraduate Level 7. The programme has a total equivalence of 120 credits. Completing the Diploma allows access to a dissertation at one of our University partners for a related master’s degree.
2. RATIONALE FOR THE DIPLOMA
The Level 7 programme will require learners to critically evaluate, challenge and synthesise a wide range of current management tools, techniques and models. The emphasis placed on current management concepts and models is on those that are relevant to the 21st century business environment and context and goes beyond the normal examination of Anglo American management models.
The programme provides a unique opportunity for learners due to it not focusing upon Anglo American models. At level 7 the emphasis is also placed on the ability to adapt management concepts, tools and techniques to align with organisational culture and apply critical reflective thinking.
The qualification scope covers all the primary business functions and how these are interrelated and integrated. The mandatory units provide a holistic study of core organisational issues that are relevant to strategic decisions making, planning and enabling the organisation to achieve its strategic aims and objectives.
The optional units allow learners to select some specialisation in their study to support specific career directions. The Finance for Managers unit is strongly recommended for learners who have not had exposure to finance as a non-financial manager. Subject to market demand and feedback Qualifi may add further options to the qualification later on.
The qualification will enable learners to become independent, self-directed learners with tools and motivation to continue learning, developing and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
3. AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA
Level 7 qualifications are designed to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills learners require to deal with the complexities of leadership and strategic management in a business context, and to develop their ability to lead change in organisations.
The Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership aims to give learners the opportunity to:
- Gain a recognised qualification from an internationally recognised awarding organisation.
- Learn from a curriculum supported by the most recent content relevant to a contemporary business environment.
- Develop new skills and knowledge that can be immediately applied.
- Prepare for higher-level positions in management through personal and professional development as a leader who thrives in complex and globally diverse environments.
- Have assessments marked and moderated by respected professionals with practical experience across a number of business sectors and management fields.
- Be supported by a digital online platform and develop a personalised e-portfolio to improve the transparency and portability of the qualification.
- Progress along a pathway to gain a higher level qualification.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE DIPLOMA
The overall learning outcomes of the Diploma are:
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic leadership in a business environment
- Review and apply the principles of business management within industry
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
- Analyse problem-solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
5. ENTRY CRITERIA
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following
- Level 6 Qualification or;
- First Degree.
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
6. PROGRAMME SUMMARY
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|702||Manage Team Performance to Support Strategy||7||150||60||15|
|704||Information Management and Strategic Decision Taking||7||150||60||15|
|705||Leading a Strategic Management Project||7||150||60||15|
|724||Development as a Strategic Manager||7||150||60||15|
|Unit Reference||Optional Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|703||Finance for Managers||7||150||60||15|