Managers need to be aware of issues, able to analyse their potential out comes and consequences, and decide how to react. They do not have to be expert in all areas of business, but they need to possess a general awareness of what specialist facilities and services exist, and how they can assist in carrying out that role. The programme includes contemporary topics reflecting key issues within the 21st – century business environment as well as the latest developments in management research.
The Diploma is accredited at the postgraduate Level 7. The programme has a total equivalence of 120 credits. Completing the Diploma allows access to a dissertation at one of our University partners for a related master’s degree.
QUALIFI qualifications look to provide a realistic and broad opportunity for learners seeking career and professional development. They will support learners in realising their potential and provide clear objectives.
These objectives are to:
• provide career path support to learners who wish to develop their management skills, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector
• improve learner understanding of any given business environments and organisations and how they are managed and developed
• develop skills and abilities in learners to support their professional development.
Our qualifications provide a rich mix of disciplines and skills development opportunities. Learners will gain insight into the functioning, objectives and processes of organisations, appreciating their diversity and the influences and impact of external forces on them. The fast-changing and complex business environment and different organisational ability to stay resilient and respond positively to change and opportunities will be explored.
Our qualifications will develop learner ability to:
• apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills
• investigate issues and opportunities
• develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues
• use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways
• make use of relevant information from different sources
• develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges
• exercise judgement and take responsibility for decisions and actions
• develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
Level 7 qualifications are designed to develop the learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills required to deal with the complexities of leadership and strategic management in a business context, and to develop their ability to lead change in organisations.
The Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management aims to give learners the opportunity to:
1. Apply theoretical understanding of management to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice
2. Critically reflect upon leadership skills and there by allow learners to prepare for senior roles of HR within their organisation
3. Develop a lifelong learning attitude to education and training
4. Gain a critical insight in to contemporary research and leading – edge practice within the field of human resource management
5. Develop considerable autonomy in their learning and enhance their ability to plan and implement consultancy projects in a group context
6. Generate originality and enterprise in approaching complex HR issues
7. Demonstrate self- direction, initiative and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of management.
1. To understand and apply the principles of human resource management in a business environment
2. Review and apply the principles of human resource management within industry
3. To understand and apply the principles of human resource management in a specific environment
4. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between theories and their practical application in the business world.
5. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
6. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
7. Work independently and as part of a team
8. Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
• Level 6 Qualification or;
• First Degree.
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme. This would typically be a minimum of 5 years in a human resource management role.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|HRM702||Leading, Managing and HR Development||7||200||80||20|
|HRM703||Resourcing, Talent Management and Development||7||300||80||30|
|HRM706||Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective||7||200||80||20|