The QUALIFI Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed to meet the needs of senior/middle managers and accountants in the running of their businesses, and to facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisation.
Managers need to be aware of issues, able to analyse their potential outcomes and consequences, and decide how to react. They do not have to be expert in all areas of business, but they need to possess a general awareness of what specialist facilities and services exist, and how they can assist in carrying out that role. The programme includes contemporary topics with cutting- edge content, reflecting key issues within the 21st-century business environment as well as the latest developments in management research.
The Diploma is accredited at the postgraduate Level 7. The programme has a total equivalence of 120 credits. Completing the Diploma allows access to a dissertation at one of our University partners for a related master’s degree.
The Level 7 qualification in Accounting and Finance is designed to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills learners require to deal with the complexities of accounting and finance operations at the strategic level of the organisation and to develop their ability to lead change in organisations.
The Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance aims to give learners the opportunity to:
• Apply theoretical understanding of accounting theories and concepts to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice.
• Critically reflect on analytical skills and thereby allow learners to prepare for senior roles within their organisation.
• Develop a lifelong learning attitude to education and training.
• Gain a critical insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice within the field of finance.
• Develop considerable autonomy in their learning and enhance their ability to plan and implement investment projects and portfolio management.
• Generate originality and enterprise in approaching global financial issues.
• Demonstrate self-direction, initiative and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of finance.
1. To understand and apply the principles of human resource management in a business environment
2. Review and apply the principles of human resource management within industry
3. To understand and apply the principles of human resource management in a specific environment
4. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between theories and their practical application in the business world.
5. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
6. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
7. Work independently and as part of a team
8. Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
• Level 6 Qualification or;
• First Degree.
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme. This would typically be a minimum of five years in an accounting and finance role.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required.
International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|AF701||Strategy and Global Finance||7||200||80||20|
|AF702||Strategic Financial Management||7||200||80||20|
|AF704||Ethical Behaviour and Corporate Governance||7||200||80||20|