1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The qualification has been created to develop and reward the business managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism across several sectors.
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 6 with a total equivalence of 120 credits. It is envisaged that learners completing the Level 6 Diploma will progress to either of the QUALIFI Level 7 Diplomas in Management.
2. RATIONALE FOR THE DIPLOMA
The rationale for the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management capabilities within the business sector. The outcome of the Certificate and Diplomas, which are recognised UK Qualifications, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
All programmes create learning that advances the thought leadership of organisations, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the companies of today and tomorrow.Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The qualification will:
- prepare learners for employment; and
- support a range of roles in the workplace.
The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required across a number of business sectors.
The qualification is suitable for part-time learners in the workplace but equally appropriate for full-time learners who can also participate in formal work placements or part-time employment. Learners can progress into or within employment, either directly on achievement of the awards or following further study to QUALIFI Level 7 Diplomas.
3. AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA
The Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration meets the need of those wanting to gain a qualification that provides a firm grounding in business administration and a basis for further academic study.
This qualification focuses on the functional areas of management and administration within an organisation and how those disciplines integrate at the operational level, linking with the overall corporate strategy to achieve short-, medium- and long-term objectives.
At the end of this programme, learners will be able to,
- Develop problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills in a business situation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal structure and external relationship for companies doing business at an international level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organisation and its management system.
- Examine the concept of entrepreneurship including behaviours, processes and skills relate to small business and enterprise.
- Manage budget and perform financial analysis of the organisation for effective decision making.
- Manage complex issues in the organisation to improve management practice.
- Perform environmental analysis for strategic marketing decision making to implement strategy.
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage team performance.
- Gain knowledge about the advanced economic literature and legal systems in which businesses operate.
- Understand strategic human resource techniques and tools to manage employees’ performance.
- Apply research methodologies for effective decision making.
- Develop an ability to analyse information and to identify research questions and to apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature that is justifiable and measureable.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE DIPLOMA
Learners studying for the Diploma in Business Administration will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognise the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge that will enable individuals to meet changes in business
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
5. ENTRY CRITERIA
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- qualifications at Level 5 and/or;
- work experience in the business sector and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.
In certain circumstances, learners with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 5 (or equivalent) is required. International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education post-graduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
6. PROGRAMME SUMMARY
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|BA602||Management of Salesforce||6||200||100||20|
|BA603||Strategic Marketing Management||6||200||100||20|
|BA605||Research Project including Research Methods||6||400||200||40|