We hope that learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programmes that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 5 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits.
The rationale for the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and entrepreneurial capabilities within the business sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
All Qualifi programmes create learning that advances the thought leadership of organisations, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the companies of today and tomorrow.
Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The Diploma will link to key development in areas of commerce. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the industry as well as an academic perspective.
The programme provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in business by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding industry, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions. The course aims for the following:
3. To develop the learner’s ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development, which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills
4. To encourage the learner’s self-reflection, analytical, intellectual and transferable skills.
1. To understand and apply the principles of leadership in a business environment
2. Review and apply the principles of business management within industry
3. To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
4. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
5. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
6. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
7. Effectively use verbal and communication skills
8. Work independently and as part of a team
9. Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- first degree in another discipline and want to develop their own business or shift careers.
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
The qualification provides comprehensive coverage of the issues, challenges and disciplines growth organisations or business start-ups face. Learners who want to make a success of their own business venture or to develop their skills in promoting or creating growth in organisations will gain significantly from this qualification.
The inspired learner or entrepreneur will gain valuable insights into the characteristics, skills, resources and tools required to drive a growing organisation or business start-up forward. Learners will be required to be proactive and engage with businesses that have growth strategies or start-ups with ambition. Learners will be expected to create ideas and plans that support their personal business goals or those of organisations that they are involved with. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
The qualification is made up of six units. All units are mandatory and required by learners for the Level 5 Diploma in Business Enterprise.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|ENT2.1||Entrepreneurship, Enterprise and Creativity||5||200||100||20|
|ENT2.2||Influences on Organisational Growth and Development||5||200||100||20|
|ENT2.3||Venture Management – Growing a Business||5||200||100||20|
|ENT2.4||Marketing for Growth Organisations||5||200||100||20|
|ENT2.5||Developing and Launching a New Business||5||200||100||20|
|ENT2.6||Social Enterprise and Third Sector Organisations||5||200||100||20|