OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The qualification has been created to develop and reward the business managers of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the management sectors.
We hope that learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programmes that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 4 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits.
RATIONALE FOR THE DIPLOMA
The rationale for the programmes is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their management and entrepreneurial capabilities within the business sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK Qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
All Qualifi programmes create learning that advances the thought leadership of organisations, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the companies of today and tomorrow.
Furthermore, we look to develop the team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for industry.
The Diploma will link to key development in areas of commerce. Contemporary issues are identified and evaluated so that the learner has a true vocational understanding on the industry as well as an academic perspective.
AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA
The programme provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in business by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding industry, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions. The course aims for the following:
3. To develop the learner’s ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development, which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills
4. To encourage the learner’s self-reflection, analytical, intellectual and transferable skills.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE DIPLOMA
The overall learning outcomes for all business-related programmes are:
1. To understand and apply the principles of leadership in a business environment
2. Review and apply the principles of business management within industry
3. To understand and apply the principles of management in a specific environment
4. To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
5. Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
6. Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
7. Effectively use verbal and communication skills
8. Work independently and as part of a team
9. Manage one’s own personal development and growth.
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6 (or equivalent) is required. International Qualifications will be checked for appropriate matriculation to UK Higher Education postgraduate programmes. The applicants are normally required to produce two supporting references, at least one of which should preferably be academic.
The Level 4 Diploma in Entrepreneurship provides an introduction to the main facets and operations of organisations. It introduces the challenges faced by modern day businesses. The qualification focuses on developing understanding, skills and abilities to equip the Learner with the awareness and aptitudes to be an effective entrepreneur, organisational manager and leader.
The qualification is made up of 10 units. All units are mandatory and required by learners for the Level 4 Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|ENT1.1||Managing Business Operations||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.4||The Entrepreneurial Manager||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.5||Business Planning and Goal Setting||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.6||The Manager’s Toolkit||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.7||Managing and Using Finance||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.8||Managing and Using Marketing||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.9||Psychology of Entrepreneurship||4||120||60||12|
|ENT1.10||Innovation and Creativity||4||120||60||12|