1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The QUALIFI Diploma in Cyber Security Management and Operations is a Level 3 Qualification made up of 6 units equating to 60 credits. All units are 10 credits in value. Each 10-credit unit approximates to a TQT of 100 hours incorporating 60 hours of GLH. 60 credits equates to 600 hours of TQT.
2. RATIONALE FOR THE DIPLOMA
The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organisations globally.
The qualification will:
- Prepare learners for employment; and
- Support a range of cyber security-related roles in the workplace.
This qualification is especially designed for organisational executives and leaders who are tasked with responsibility for cyber security, digital risk management, or the oversight thereof. The qualification’s primary focus is to prepare administrators and executives to manage and operate generic, nontechnical cyber security activities within a business, third sector or government organisation. This course is particularly suited for learners already in full-time work or those seeking to evolve their careers into cyber and information security fields.
The qualification will identify and evaluate practical and lawful ways to safely and securely protect networks, information and assets from cyber-attacks and associated impacts.This Level 3 qualification is about ‘cyber security’ as a holistic discipline. It examines both ‘cyber’ and‘security’ domains which relate to IT security. It is therefore in most parts a non-technical qualification that looks at both cyber-technical and cyber-physical security threats, risks, responses and risk treatments.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 3 with a total equivalence of 60 credits. It is envisaged that learners completing this Level 3 programme will progress to QUALIFI Level 4 Diplomas including the Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security
3. AIMS OF THE DIPLOMA
The programme offered provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in a specific area of business by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding of cyber and information security, and to support the individual’s development into senior positions. The QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma in Cyber Security Management and Operations aims to give learners the opportunity to:
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in employment
- Progress to a related Level 4 professional qualification including the QUALIFI Level 4 Cyber Security Diploma
- Undertake specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or to which learners are aiming to work within the business sector
- Develop their ability to contribute positively to cyber security good practice in the business environment through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in the qualifications
- Develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make an immediate contribution to employment.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE DIPLOMA
Learners studying for the Level 3 Diploma will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full understanding;
- The ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
- Motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
5. ENTRY CRITERIA
- Qualifications at Level 2 and/or;
- Work experience in a business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- a Level 3 qualification in another discipline and who want to develop their careers in business management and/or risk management
6. PROGRAMME SUMMARY
Learners are required to complete the six mandatory units to achieve the 60 credits required to gain the Level 3 Diploma in Cyber Security Management and Operations. Learners will be expected to attend lectures and workshops that will introduce the subject matter. Formative assessments(weighted at 0%) may be used in lectures or tutorials to check knowledge and understanding of specific topics and subject areas. Units require reflective exam sets and/or summative assessments for marking.
|Unit Reference||Mandatory Units||Level||TQT||GLH||Credits|
|CSM01||Threat and Risk: Expecting the Unexpected||3||100||60||10|
|CSM02||Network Architecture: Communications and Protocols||3||100||60||10|
|CSM03||Mobile Device and Data Risks||3||100||60||10|
|CSM04||Investigations and Incident Response||3||100||60||10|
|CSM05||Solutions: Future-Proofing your Business||3||100||60||10|
|CSM06||EU GDPR and Data Security||3||100||60||10|