The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is an introductory, knowledge based teaching qualification which can be undertaken by individuals who are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service), or are currently teaching (in-service). However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in microteaching. Microteaching is an activity where trainee teachers prepare and deliver a short teaching and learning session to their peers and then evaluate their practice.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service)
- are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role (in-service)
- want a short qualification
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
- may have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be brought forward into this teaching qualification (known as QCF equivalents)
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is regulated by Ofqual. The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is a new qualification which replaces the Level 3 and 4 Awards in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS). It is an introductory teaching qualification, which prepares learners for teaching or training in a wide range of contexts.