This qualification develops knowledge of the principles and practices of assessment without any requirement to practice as an assessor. There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level two in literacy or numeracy or equivalent. The qualifications are suitable for learners of 18 years of age and above.
Key concepts covered include:
- Principles and Requirements of Assessments
- Types of Assessment Methods
- How to Plan Assessment
- How to Involve Learners and Others in Assessment
- How to Make Assessment Decisions
- Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process
- How to Manage Information relating to Assessment
- Legal and Good Practice Requirements in Relation to Assessment
Only one unit within this qualification is internally assessed. The qualification is criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. To achieve a ‘pass’ a candidate must have successfully passed allthe assessment criteria. There is no requirement for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and personal skills in literacy, language, numeracy and information communication technology (ICT), known as the Minimum Core as part of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF).